Friday, February 09, 2018

Stephen's Greek Restaurant

This climate is so different from Jersey. When I walked Kimball, it was in the fifties and I more or less bundled up. After breakfast, though, it was 73 and nice and warm; it stayed about there all day.
Prepared for the leader role at T.O.P.S. today by typing out some questions for discussion and a few other things. All had to do with weight loss and not--as the conversation  often slides into--whose grandson is so cute and other who-gives-a-damn deviations.
Got to Stephen's Greek a little early, but Doris came in shortly, then Sherry. The latter simply had rice pilaf, Doris and I a gyro, which I accompanied with a bottle of Shock Top.  As I don't eat red meat as a rule, the lamb tasted great. We talked, as usual, Sherry as irritating as ever, but little Doris--she's about five feet tall and if she tops 85 pounds, I'd be surprised--rather sweet. Anyway, I enjoyed it (lunch out two days in a row--wow!), then took off for town and my usual walk.
I had requested a book of Emily's poems and it came in. Good grief, it's more than 900 pages, so very inclusive. I look it over at the library, but asked the desk to hold it until I got my car. Did so, drove back, and picked it up.
Went to Grocery Outlet after and got some nice grapes and ground turkey. While there,  I got a call from Gayle Butcher, who's in my widder group. Funnily, she thought she was calling a friend of hers with the same name, but we chatted anyway. She's going on a trip and suggested when she gets back, that we go to the newly refurbished Yolanda's; we'll ask Anna and some others in the group. I said sure, of course, and we'll do that.
Got home about 5:00 to find a note from Suzanne. I had told her I'd pick her up at the auto place in Oxnard this morning after T.O.P.S., so she gave me directions.
Got an e-mail from Sue, telling me the tall ships Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain sailed into the harbor where she lives today. She sent a picture of the former--stately and beautiful.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...