Friday, February 02, 2018

Here And There

I left a little early for my Kimball walk, so was home by 7:40. I don't like to have breakfast that early, so did a little more with the photos. After breakfast, I finally finished the "Early Byrne" album; I have several more albums to go.
Went out for blueberries and a few other items, then saw that my phone coverage had been suspended. What? Why? After all kinds of this and that, back and forth with Cricket's "chat" person, I just said the hell with it, got in the car, and went to the Cricket store.  Amanda was there and I explained that the bank said it wouldn't accept the payment Cricket instituted, so she put it in and now the bank said it wouldn't accept my debit card. I knew that was idiotic, as I had used it a few hours before, so I rushed to the bank and it was all straightened out. It seems Cricket had my earlier card number, the one I lost, but not the new one--AAGH! This kind of thing drives me crazy!
After lunch, I drove for the third day this week to Oxnard and finally found Greg at work. We greeted each other with a hug, chatted a bit--he wants to resume painting, which he's done before--then I walked around the center before saying goodbye.
Went from there to town, did my walk and tried unsuccessfully to find a book about seventeenth-century Holland in the  library. All I could locate was something on Rembrandt--well, at least he was of the era--which gave me some backdoor info, you might say. One thing I miss from the east coast is the caliber of the libraries--this is Philistine land.
On my way back to the museum, I stopped in there and asked about docent opportunities. Suz had mentioned that and I thought I might like it. Got an application and the card of the director; will talk to her eventually.
Called Carole F. after dinner to remind her that, starting today, T.O.P.S. will meet at Trinity Lutheran. She probably won't attend, though, as her husband, Vane (yep, that's his name) has had a number of T.I.A. episodes and a stroke is suspected. He's getting various tests now.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...