Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Toastmasters At Fern's

Kimball, breakfast, and so on. I remembered I meant to send my tablet to someone and carefully padded and wrapped it. Looked up more on the Dutch painting and painter for my talk at Toastmasters and rehearsed it several times.
Went into Craigslist, called a computer person listed there and he'll come at 3:00 today. That would mean I'd be cutting it too close for our Tuesday movie and wine, so I called Nancy and suggested we skip the movie this week and go for lunch today instead. She agreed happily and we'll meet at 12:30 at The Cave.
Did some cleaning and food prep, plus spent time on the computer and continued to rehearse. Interestingly, two sources differ on the artist's birthplace: One says he was born in Antwerp, the other  in London where his parents went to escape religious persecution. Guess I'll never know, but I'll incorporate the conflicting locations into my talk.
After lunch, I did something unusual for me: I lay down on the couch, covered myself with my cozy "fur" throw, and dozed off. Got up about 2:30, refreshed, and set off for town. Walked the walk and, after about 45 in the library, back, then home. I had salmon ready for dinner, but decided to have it tonight instead, and just had shrimp and veggies.
Got the Fern's for the meeting at 7:00 and darn--I had forgotten it was called for 6:30, so was late. Somebody, probably Fern herself, had provided refreshments, which were substantial: chicken and veggie kabobs, pumpkin pie, and glory be, red wine. If I had known that would be there, I would have skipped dinner, but I indulged anyway.
My talk went well and got high marks and overall, it was a good meeting. Home a bit after 9:00 and I stayed up for t.v. and fruit another hour after that.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...