Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Script And Stuff

I always sit down at the computer with my coffee first thing and saw that Nancy had e-mailed  me that, regretfully, she was sneezing and coughing and didn't feel up to our date today. Too bad, but it was just as well because I then read a message from Connie K., of the Maritime Museum, asking if I could send her my script.
Yikes! I haven't even thought about it, let alone written it, and as for memorizing it--ha!  So it was good I had some time to do that, as I also had to buy fruit for the compote I'm bringing to BCNN today.
Spent a lot of time on the script after Kimball and breakfast. I want it to reflect authentic seventeenth-century Holland, which means I had to research a lot on the Internet. I also want to incorporate some Dutch words and happily, was able not only to see them translated, but to hear them spoken. Tried on my costume. I'm not entirely happy with it, as the blouse is much too big, but I rolled up the sleeves and turned it backward, which looks better.  I put crumpled up newspaper in my basket, covered it with a white cloth, and added my fish. Looks pretty good and will look better with the additional fish Connie said she had gotten
Put that aside to go to WinCo for fresh strawberries and blueberries, plus frozen mangoes and blackberries; they combine well. Sliced up the strawberries, plus used the Chop Wizard on cucumbers and chicken for lunch.
I had gotten a tulip for El, too, so decided to drive up to Ojai, leave it for her, and take my walk there. I did leave it with on note on her porch, but decided to go back to town after all, as I wanted to see if they had any books on Holland.
While at the library, I feel into conversation with a man who's a pilot. He used to fly for an airline, but is now 80 and, I guess, put out to pasture. He has his own  plane, though, and few it here from Arizona, where he lives, to visit his son.
Ellen called after dinner to thank me for the tulip plant and we talked about me getting a laptop. My computer, I'm afraid, has been very cranky lately and may be on its last legs. We discussed going next weekend (not this coming) to look, but instead, El suggested I start looking on-line, which I will.


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...