Saturday, February 10, 2018

T.O.P.S., Etc.

I went early to Kimball, as I wanted to get to Trinity Lutheran early for T.O.P.S.  I had told Lenny (Lenore) I'd be guest leader and I had also promised to pick Suzanne up in Oxnard. Why early to T.O.P.S. ?  Because I (the sucker of the world) bought two hot fudge sundaes at one of the thrift stores. They're artificial, of course, but look incredibly real--and yummy. I set them in the middle of the table where we sit and used them in an antidote about weight.
Get weighed and for the first time since I started losing, eleven months ago, I gained--one and a half pounds up and the scale read 133 pounds. I was puzzled, but sanguine about it, figuring it was just a blip. I had hoped to hit the 50 pounds off mark, but now, I was back to 48.3...
...I thought. However, when Luisa, the weight reporter, announced the totals, all thirteen of us were listed as having gained. Now this just couldn't possibly be. We agreed there was something wrong with the scale or whatever; let's hope it remedies itself  next time.
I guided a discussion on weighty (heh-heh) topics, then had the group hear truisms on the subject and decide which were true, false, or debatable. They were very engaged and several thanked me for leading the program. (I'd be more puffed up about it if I didn't know the bar is set pretty low.) Sharon brought some oranges from Carolyn's tree, which I happily shared. Suzanne called, then texted me to say her car would be fixed in a half hour and she didn't need me to pick her up.
Took a load of wash to the place and while I waited for first wash, then dry, I wrote up most of my talk for the seventeenth-century Dutch woman I'm impersonating next weekend.
After  lunch, I took my usual town walk and asked the library if they would put up a poster on the "Art Comes Alive" event at the maritime museum.  Librarian agreed and I was also able to have them displayed at the museum and two shops.
Stopped at Suzanne's when I got home and chatted with her for a bit. She and her sister and sister-in-law are meeting in Santa Barbara next Saturday and Sunday for a "girls' weekend out." Hey, nunhood has changed, no question about that.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...