Saturday, February 17, 2018

Two Tops: Meeting and Lap

Another pretty strenuous day.  After walking Kimball, I changed, then took off for T.O.P.S. I was very early, as were Luisa, Jana, and Madeline and it was a bit chilly.  Lennie came soon with the key and we went in.
Finally, at long last, I broke the fifty-pound barrier. I weighed in at 130.4, which means I'm 51 1/2 pounds down. The meeting itself was the usual rambling, unfocused time waster and we didn't get out of there until almost 10.
Home, had breakfast, then took a load to the wash place. While it washed, then dried, I got more photos and memorabilia organized and in the binders. I have much more to do, but it's better than it was. Finally got around to e-mailing members of my acting classes to suggest lunch next week or so. We could go back to Marie Callender's, but maybe Yolanda's would be better.
Suzanne rang my bell and presented me with a vase full of lovely, tiny orchids. One of her co-workers grows them and gave her a lot of them. They're exactly like miniature--very miniature-- versions of  the orchid corsages we used to get for proms at HSHS.  I like them better tiny. I mentioned to Suzanne that I had noticed a beautiful vase of florist flowers at her door yesterday and she said her brother and SIL had sent them to her for her birthday. Darn, it didn't know it was her birthday, but told her I want to take her out for lunch next week (she's meeting her sister and SIL in Santa Barbara for the weekend). She said she'd be delighted and then invited me to come to dinner to meet Loretta, who works at St. John's. She and her husband, Fred, whom I've already met, lost their home, and apartment, in the fire and moved her after that.
Went for my town walk after, but didn't stay at the library. I needed groceries and went to WinCo from there. Got rockfish, fresh shrimp, and lots of produce. Stopped across the street at Office Max and bought the damn laptop. Hope I don't regret it. I drove to Ellen's school, as it was after 4:00 and I knew she'd still be there preparing for next week. She was and I showed her the laptop, but didn't stay.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...