Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Toastmasters At The Brewery

Well, I'm clearly falling into absolute decadence.  To begin with, I didn't do my town walk on Sunday, although that was Ellen's fault (oh, who are you kidding, Mimi, she dropped you off at 4:30; you had plenty of time).  I didn't walk Kimball yesterday, either and that was Dr. Jennings' fault, because I had an 8:30 appointment (well, you made the appointment!) and I had to shower first.
Anyway, doc gave me a clean bill of elderly health. I wish she wouldn't keep marveling at my good condition re my age; guess her other older patients are doddering. She took me off the Amlodipine, but wants me to stay on the Ramipril for  now. They're both medications to lower BP and mine runs low, so that puzzles me. However, in the office, my BP was 110 over something and she approved. Weight: 131. Got a sweet Valentine card from my sweet girl, Ellen, and called to thank her--what a sweetie--or do I repeat myself?
Had breakfast late, then went over to the store for blueberries. Ran into Carole and we had a long talk in the aisle. Went from there to the P.O. to mail Betty a little present, plus a Valentine card to somebody else. Dropped off at the Lexington notes to the two residents there who had come into our Humor & Drama Toastmasters meeting last time--invited them to do the same on Thursday. Lunched, then off to town for my walk. Purposely went past The Brewery, which is where our Poinsettia Toastmasters meeting was a few hours later.
That went well, in fact, it was a lot of fun, especially because most of us had a cold brew on the table.  I got a local, which approximated Blue Moon. The only problem with the place is, no food is sold there. I'd much sooner eat something when I drink beer, so I had only a small one, but it was tasty.  I was one of the evaluaters and I won the ribbon for best. I'm always bemused by the fact that members vote on "best speech," "best evaluater," and so on, but I guess the idea is for members to hone their talks. I said I'd give a talk next time.
Unfortunately, I spoke--or wrote--too soon about my computer. It's doing exactly the same thing it had before: going black until I unplug and replug. Damn.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...