Saturday, February 03, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Town

Kimball, then T.O.P.S. Got weighed and DARN!  I again lost a minuscule amount and am now 49.9 pounds down, so still haven't hit the 50 pound mark. I hope and trust I will next week, though.
Trinity Lutheran, our new meeting place, is far superior to the library branch where we met for a month and it's about a six-minute drive for me, so that's good.  The meeting itself was a long, drawn-out bore, with much too much superfluous chatter.  Lennie--just like her predecessor, Lolly--seems unable to control it. She asked if anyone would be a "guest leader" and I volunteered for next time. I'm toying with the idea of having the group examine all the conventional wisdom about weight gain and loss, so much of which is questionable  or bogus.
Didn't get home until 10:30, so was hungry for breakfast. Betty called and we talked for a bit; she's losing weight, also, semi-following my regimen.  I heard back from Sherry, Nancy, Doris, and Carole about our lunch date, which will be next Thursday at Stephen's Greek Restaurant. Didn't hear a word from Sue and I'm not going to call her. I assume I'll see her on Wednesday at BCNN, anyway.
Did my town walk. Lots of people on the streets, as Kevin Costner and others will be here for a big show to benefit Thomas Fire victims; I think that's happening tonight. They were setting up tents and so on for the event.
I'm again annoyed with the library. I'm planning a Toastmasters talk on Emily Dickinson and the damn place has a bio of her and a few others about her, but doesn't have her collected poems! I requested it--no doubt it'll come from the east coast, where T.V. actors may not be considered the shining stars of human achievement.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...