Thursday, February 22, 2018

Laptop

Damn, damn, damn! I just wrote out a whole saga of the last two days, pressed "save," and an error message came up and the whole thing is gone! Okay, I'll just outline--I like this new laptop, but it's so hard get used to typing on it.
Tuesday: the usual in the morning, then met Nancy for our movie and wine day. Saw The Post at the downtown theatre; we both thought it was absorbing. Whether it's more truth than truthiness is debatable, though. Strolled two doors down to Dargan's for our Chardonnay and "appetizers" (which
cost as much as lunch would have). Talked and talked, then parted. I went to the library for a bit, then back to my car, parked at the museum, as usual.
I had left my computer tower at Office Depot in the morning and boy, was it hard to be without it. However, I managed by relying on my phone, books, and t.v.
Wednesday: After Kimball, I spent the whole morning cleaning the place. Looks good. Office Depot called to say laptop was ready. Went and got it with all my stuff on it, but needed Ellen's help to use it. She came over after a long day at school, dear girl, and got it further set up, so I can use it. I'm still feeling my way and I know it will take a fairly long learning curve, but I 'm glad to bought it--I think. However, I'm still having a problem with getting into my e-mail. Called X-finity and now must call my former next-door neighbor, Frank, and he has to call them.

4 comments:

iloveac said...


Glad you're back online RBM. I'm curious. You mention your 'tower'. I don't have one with my lap top and didn't have one with my desktop. If you take your new laptop outdoors...will it work? Not sure I understand a 'tower'.

Mimi said...

Pat, I replied via email.

Mimi said...

Pat, I replied via email.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Did not receive an email yet.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...