Thursday, February 15, 2018

Maritime Museum

Busy day. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then jumped in the shower. Dressed in my Dutch woman's costume and got to the Maritime Museum by 11:00.
But darn, I had the time wrong. I had thought Director Connie had asked me to get there a half hour early for the noon start, but that was actually at 1:00. However, I enjoyed talking to some of the other volunteers and looking at the exhibits. Connie liked my outfit a lot and I must say it looked pretty good. She provided three more fish, much more realistic than mine, so I think I'll just have those three in the basket. Others gathered, including four men, and changed into their costumes. We then went through all the talks. Mine was second, and I did pretty well, although my talk took more than two minutes and should have been no longer than 90 seconds. No prob, as it'll be easy to cut down. What with all the characters--I'd say about twenty of us--we weren't out of there until almost 3:00.
I high-tailed it home, changed and stopped at CVS to see if my atorvastatin was in. No, it  wasn't, and when I called the doctor's office, I was told it must have been an oversight and would be ordered. Drove to town, walked to the library, and where I got a call with a recording from CVS to say it was "too soon" to get the Rx refilled.  AAGH! Why didn't they tell me this in the first place? Well, the hell with it, I hope it won't be a problem to skip it for a few days. Must call Caremark to get refills of the others.
Betty called on my way home to see if I had gotten her card. I hadn't, so it will probably come today.
El called to say she got my Valentine card. We laughed over the fact it was in Spanish (I had asked somebody in the store to translate) and I had crossed out "friend" and written what I thought was "daughter"--hiji.  However, El said daughter is spelled hija. Also, I had put what I thought was "love from Mom," but she said it meant more like "love to Mama." Well, she got the idea.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Would love to see a photo of you in costume.

Mimi said...

I'll try to get somebody to take one, Pat.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...