Monday, February 05, 2018

Dudley

After Kimball and the rest of the Sunday routine, I laid our my docent duds, then showered and washed my hair.  Had a light lunch of leftovers--just sauteed mushrooms and a bowl of spinach--then put on my Victorian matron (or a proximity thereof) clothes.
Got to Dudley House early, but it was pleasant enough on a bench under the trees. Lynn came shortly after and opened the place, talking all the time, as ever. We had thought we have few, or even no. visitors, but we had a fair number, maybe because the Super Bowl didn't start until 3:30.  Did my tour spiel, adding a few notes when appropriate, and it was a pretty enjoyable day. Lynn and I are both going to be characters at the Maritime Museum on the eighteenth and we chatted about that. She's done it for several years and impersonates a whaler's wife. She was interested in my seventeenth-century Dutch gal and said I'd enjoy it all.
We left at 4:00 and I immediately went home and changed. I wasn't about to skip my town walk, and I didn't. Luckily, it wasn't quite as crowded as it had been on Saturday, so I did the usual. Of course, by the time I got to the libary, it was after 5:00 and closed, but no prob, I just walked back.
That was the start of a pretty busy week: widder lunch today, movie with Nancy on Tuesday, BCNN Wednesday (and I'm bringing fruit), lunch with Carole and the others on Thursday, and T.O.P.S. on Friday. Of  course, none of them are all-day things, and all should be fun.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...