Saturday, February 24, 2018

Going On

Walked Kimball in a chill wind, then changed and went to T.O.P.S. Annoyingly, I seem to have gained four tenths of a pound, so I'm at 130. That's still 51 pounds off, so I guess I'm okay with it. Sharon brought a huge bag of oranges from Carolyn and I took lots. It still seems incredible that people grow these things in their own yards.
Breakfast, then continuing the never-ending saga of putting family pictures in albums. I'm far from finished, but quit to clean up the bedroom, finally stowing some of the Acting for Amateurs stuff I had here and there.
I called niece Maureen to ask about her dad, my brother, Frank; I've called him several times with no answer. She said he's actually doing better, maybe because of the medication, and is even driving again. However, the answering machine is off, as he forgets to listen to it. Hmm...that made me a little nervous, especially the driving part. Will call him again today.
After lunch, I set off for town, but then it occurred to me I needed to do a wash. It doesn't seem right for me to use the laundry on weekends, when people who work may need to use the facilities, so I jettisoned my town walk and went back. Put the stuff in, then Suzanne rang the bell. Her car is back in the shop--a gasket this time--and she asked if I could drive her to work today at 7:00 am. Sure thing, but it turned out it was ready yesterday, after all, so I didn't need to. We also made a date for next Friday for me to take her out for a birthday lunch.
Aside from that, I'm continuing to use this laptop and am getting better at it, but still need a lot of practice. I hope Anthony calls and comes today, so I can get my printer hooked up.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...