Thursday, February 01, 2018

Goodbye, VCS

Kimball: check. Breakfast: check. Crossword: check.
Then I had to ponder whether to withdraw--"resign" sounds a little grandiose for this gig--from Ventura Council for Seniors and made a decision. Went early to Suz'es office and told her I was relinguishing my vice-chair position on VCS.
I was afraid she might be 1. angry or 2. hurt, but happily, she wasn't. I told her I wasn't contributing anything and in order to do that, I'd have to make myself familiar with the workings of government and so on, and frankly, I didn't want to expend the time and effort; it's too much like work and if I work, I want to get paid for it. Suz understood completely and is anxious to throw the whole thing over herself, or at least have it morph into something else. We ended up chatting happily for another half hour. I asked how her cancer was and she said she's on oral medication now. She hugged me when I left, said she loves me (she's the demonstrative type) and she'll get in touch so we can have dinner or drinks. Great. And I'm much relieved that's over with.
I mentioned to Suz I had seen Three Billboard... and she said Frances McDermond and Joel Coen live in Ojai! Wow, they're Ellen's neighbors--exciting! On that theme, I forgot to mention yesterday that the theatre was jammed. It was dollar day and all the old people come out for that. Incredibly, considering the theme and the language, people actually applauded it, Nance and I joining in.
I went from Suz'es office to bravely take the 101 to Oxnard for the second day in a row. Went to Whole Foods and darned if Greg wasn't off again. Maybe I'll go back today, as I think if I keep doing, I'll get more comfortable with the freeway.
Mike got a tax thing and I dropped it off to the P.O.  Went from there to Staples for ink, then home for lunch, then town. At The Coalition, I picked up four large loose leaf binders, which I'll equip with plastic sleeves and use for photos and memorabilia. Stopped at Deb's office (she owns The Lynd Group, a financial advisory firm), but she was in a meeting. Left her a note to call me, which she did after dinner. I told I had resigned, she understood, and we talked; assured each other we'd keep in touch.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...