Sunday, February 04, 2018

Various

Kimball, etc.  After breakfast, I went to Wal-Mart for bubble mailing envelopes to send the kiddies their little Valentine gifts. They had none of the right size, so went to the 99 Cent store; they didn't have any at all. However, I ran into Lennie (Lenore) W., who was buying tulips. She and I chatted for a good half hour (she's our T.O.P.S. leader), then I bought three pretty tulip plants myself. I think I'll give one to Ellen, one to Suzanne, and keep one for myself.
Home, I wrapped up the presents, having decided to just use the large envelopes I already have. Took them to the P.O. and sent them off. It's incredible what the postage set me back--roughly twice as much as the little trinkets cost.
I was pleased that the fish I ordered came in the mail. Unfortunately, it's pretty clearly a fresh-water fish, but it'll work, especially since Connie said she had ordered some fish, too.
Went to town and was surprised to see, right across Main Street from the library, a long, long line of people, six or so abreast, snaking 'way down Main and up California Street to the park at Thompson. Then I realized the show for Thomas fire victims was starting at 1:00 and would continue until 9:00, with Kevin Costner being the main attraction. I assume there were vendors of all kinds in the park, too. If I was ten years younger, I might have waited in line, but no...
As I left the library, Ellen returned my call and we talked for a half hour or so. I suggested dinner at Jasmine Thai, but she's on Bistro M.D. again, so declined. A few minutes after we hung up, Betty called. She said she has to get a new furnace to the tune of about $3600. She'll get some more estimates.
I was delighted to receive in the mail school pictures of my two great-grandsons. I had put Vivian's and Violet's pictures on Facebook, so gave them equal time. It always strikes me funny that my great-grandchildren are older than my grandchildren.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...