Monday, August 03, 2020

I'm Up, I'm Down, I'm All Around

I forgot to put this on yesterday's post, so will add it here:
It's my dear great-grandson, Tristan, who entered teenhood (teendom?) yesterday. He's such a neat kid and I miss him, his brother, and his dad so much.
But back to my mundane life: Did some food prep (hard-boiled eggs, prepared spinach, chopped onions, sliced a banana, and froze the latter two) in the morning. Called niece Carolyn to see what day will be good to visit Betty. I said I'd like to meet her gameswoman* and we decided on Wednesday. There were all kinds of back-and-forth phone calls--Betty thought I was bringing somebody--but finally, it was settled. 
After lunch, I took the 6, then the 16 to town, got off at Sanjon Street, and started walking the Promenade. For a change, I took the opposite direction from usual and went about a mile that way. There were lots of runners, walkers, bikers, skate boarders of every age, and it was a beautiful day. I looked down at the beach, which was jammed with happy people, and the lifeguards were on. I walked back to the Crown Plaza, up to Thompson Street, and back to the bus stop toward the transit center.
I no sooner boarded than I got a text from my tenant: house hot. I immediately texted back, then called Chilly Willy. Of course, I had to leave a message. Going back and forth with Eileen, I'm not sure if he came or not. He wouldn't have to come in to service the old system, so maybe he put the stuff in and it just dripped out or something. To top it off, when I repeated to Eileen that he'd put in the new system on Tuesday, she said a tropical storm was expected then. At this point, I'm sick of the whole damn thing and I'll just have to wait to hear from him. 
Down in the dumps, I called Ellen after dinner. I felt better after talking with her. 
*This is a woman companion, Mary, who plays games with Betty. 



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...