Friday, August 28, 2020

The P.O., Starbucks, And Friendship Center

I walked to the post office to mail my little grandson's birthday card. Let's hope it gets there by the time he turns seven on September 9. Considering how long it took the lanyard to get from there to get here--five months--it may not.
Niece Carolyn called and we talked about Betty and her companion, Mary, coming here next week. That would be nice and she'll get back to me. Betty then happened to call; she asked me, "Are you going to Friendship Center in Montecito today?" What? Who? I had no idea what she was talking about and neither did she. I told her I was on my way to lunch and would call her later.
Met Jim at Starbucks at 1:00 for what was supposed to be lunch. I had looked up the menu on-line and decided on the least caloric sandwich, mozzarella and tomato. It was bad enough--390 calories--but the others were in the four to six-hundreds. However, they didn't have it, anyway. In fact, they had very little. I finally settled on an egg and something else--was it bacon or ham?--on a tiny little biscuit-type thing. We didn't have to wait for it because, of course, it had already been put together, probably in 1990.  The egg was a kind of a jelly-fied blob, the sliver of meat--or whatever it was--the consistency of leather and the whole thing was utterly tasteless. Why anybody would choose to eat there is beyond me.
However, had an enjoyable time, since we sat outside in the shade and had one of our far-ranging discussions, zeroing in mostly on the meaning of human existence. We decided on what it is, but we aren't going to tell anybody else. (NOT!)
I called Betty back and we chatted. Happily, she said her knee is a lot better than it had been. As for the Friendship Center thing, it seems Carolyn had taken her to there to see "a show." There was dancing and they stayed in the car, that's all I could make out. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...