Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Planner

I admit I'm a creature of habit. Part of that's due to my weight-loss (and maintenance) regimen and part is, I guess, just a desire to have some kind of control over life.  Added to that is the dislike of having nothing to do...
So-o-o, I tend to make plans for following days. Yester, I decided I would go to the Market and Wal-Mart in the morning and into town after lunch, and I did so. Leaving at 9:00 to beat the heat, I picked up veggies and household items here and there.
Did some food prep, also planned: scrubbed and trimmed the carrots I had bought, added some quartered tangerines, and put them in the slow cooker. Divided grapes into several bowls, so I don't eat too many at once. Cut in half, seeded, and partially cooked an acorn squash.
During this, Gail called to ask if I wanted to meet for a walk this morning. I did and I'll see her at in a few hours. We''ll go over the foot bridge to the park.
Sharon called to tell me about her latest woes. She's had her legs wrapped for edema, will have her second cataract operation, plus extensive dental work. She wanted to tell me she wouldn't be attending T.O.P.S. until September. I feel so sorry for her; she's grossly overweight and has been since I've know her--about four years.
Had lunch at my usual 1:00, read for a bit then left for town. I had intended to buy the War of The Worlds DVD (remake, with Tom Cruise) and did so, as well as The Devil Wore Prada, which I just happened to see. I also bought some new pillow cases and two mugs. Bused home and after I dropped my purchases off, I went over to Von's for blueberries, which were on sale, and romaine.
I started this blog entry, then Ellen called and we had another long and satisfying talk. Her room setup for starting virtual school next week is going well, and that was good to hear.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...