Friday, August 21, 2020

This And That

Using the Bona method, I dust-mopped, then wet-mopped the hard floors and washed and dried the throw rugs on them. Suzanne texted me that she was leaving (for her niece's wedding in Iowa) at 11:00 and to help myself to the tomatoes in her garden. Sure will.
I planned to go to WinCo and started there after the floor chore, intending to walk most of the way. However, when I stepped outside, I immediately scuttled that plan. It must have been at least eighty and the breeze had died down. I may be foolhardy at times, but I'm not stupid; walking more a mile and a half in that heat would have been. Took a bus to Telephone Road and another to WinCo.
I got my chicken fajitas, along with spaghetti squash, spinach, and a few cans of kidney beans, then hopped two more buses to get home. Betty called while I was in transit. She had just gotten the cataract off her second eye and said it went well.
While I was having lunch, I got a long-awaited call from William, of Chilly Willy, saying the condenser had finally come in and he'll install the new AC at my house today. Okay, good, and I hope that's the end of the big-ticket items I have to deal with, at least for now.
I called the office to reserve 3:00 o'clock for the pool, changed, and went over then. There I had a pleasant surprise: I met a young man (Daniel) who lives here and his mother (Sharon), whose house is nearby. We started talking and exchanged backgrounds and so on. Daniel is studying for the CPA exam and lives with his girlfriend (Angie), who's Latina. Sharon mentioned a boyfriend, so I assume she's either divorced or widowed (or maybe she's a swinger).  It was very enjoyable to meet and chat with them and I hope to see them again.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...