Saturday, August 29, 2020

Downtown, Dye, And DVDs

I weighed in via T.O.P.S.  at 130.2;  at home, at 129.6. That means I lost either 1.3 or 1.2 pounds. (Mimi, do NOT obsess over the difference--it's an ounce, fer cryin' out loud!)
Had breakfast, then took off for the Market. I got romaine, grapes, olive oil, and a few other things. Debated whether to bus back, but I walked instead, so was pleased to get three miles in by noon.
I was just finishing lunch when Ellen called. Would I be able to go over there today to help with the technical teaching problems?  Ho-ho--I wasn't being asked as somebody computer-savvy, but to more or less impersonate an eight-year-old, so El could figure out how to best get the lessons across. The fact is, the teachers got almost no training for the on-line situation and it's deplorable. However, I'm certainly as dense in that area as a third-grader, so I'll be glad to help.
Went to town and as the bus neared Chestnut Street, somebody aboard pointed out a kind of red smoke over the hills. We saw a plane, too, then some wispy brown haze and knew there was a fire there. I got off in a few minutes and called El to ask if she saw anything. She didn't and she was outside, so I figured it had been handled.  Saw this, the plan and the dye, on a friend's Facebook page later:
I stopped at some thrift stores and bought three more DVDs: Big, Garden State, and a three-disk set of James Dean in Giant, Rebel Without A Cause, and East of Eden. 
Got home about 5:00 after stopping at Von's for two pounds of raw (frozen) shrimp, which was on sale at a good price. I put a load of wash in because I'm hoping my new jeans will shrink a little. It's annoying that the large was just a bit snug for my tastes, but the extra-large is a little big. However, they didn't shrink, so I'll just wear them that way.
Made a turkey stir-fry for dinner, then finished watching Godfather II, then put in Godfather III. As I recall, it's a real dud and I may just skip it and go to Coppola and cast discussing the trilogy.  
  
























No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...