Sunday, August 30, 2020

Being A Third-Grader

A busy day and, for me, and enjoyable one. I got to Ellen's about 12:30 and was shown her classroom-at-home. It has turned out very nicely, with colorful pictures and cutouts on the walls, a large desk, and an easel with whiteboard.
Oh, the kitties like it, too. They jump on the desk, play with whatever they can find that's loose, and get behind the blinds to look outside. They're going to have be be banished to another room while El's teaching.
We had lunch first, then turned to the technical stuff. El had me use a Chrome Book, which is what the children have, and she directed from her laptop. I think we were able to solve some problems, but the use of Google Classroom isn't that simple and you'd think it would be. This Corona-dominated era necessitates so many unforeseen problems and extra work, and we haven't seen the bulk of it yet.  I can't even imagine what might come up when young students start actual classes.
Anyway, by the time we finished, it was about 3:30, and we sat outside with Coke, beer, and nibbles. El gave me some of her homegrown peppers and tomatoes (of several varieties), and I'll enjoy them for days. My darling daughter walked me part of the way to the bus stop, then I continued on. I had to wait only a few minutes and got back to the transit center about 6:15. I did have to wait another twenty or so for the number 10, so didn't get home until almost 7:00, but that was okay.
Note: I have an annoying problem on my left forearm: an area that itches terribly and that now seems somewhat swollen and red. It's possible I was bitten by something, but I don't see any entry hold, although there's a bump under the skin.  El recommended putting an ice pack on it when I got home. I did and it has helped considerably.  I'll continue to do so, but if it isn't better by tomorrow, I'll call the doctor.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...