Sunday, August 02, 2020

Saturday

The thought crossed my mind that there could be some kind of cosmic reward for enduring all the travail I have over the past few days. (Whattaya nuts, Mimi? You had a few little setbacks, not like death and dismemberment!)
Okay. But now I think fortune is smiling on me, to make up for the previous crapola. For openers, of course, Chilly Willy called, Eileen is placated, and I talked to Marilyn. Then, yesterday, just as I was starting out for Smart 'n' Final, I got a call from my friend, Jim, asking if I wanted to meet for lunch. (That means here, with each bringing our own, as before, of course.) Yes, yes, of course, and I was pleased he had taken the initiative. 
I then walked to S 'n' F for lettuce and peanuts, after which I walked to the park and halfway around it to the Little Library via a way I don't usually take.  There, I dropped off two DVDs and picked up two James Pattersons. From there, I walked home over the path and the footbridge. I calculated I did at least five miles, if not a bit more, so that was good.
Even gooder is the fact that, as I crossed the overpath above Route 26, I looked down and saw a ten dollar bill. Because of the virus danger, I left it there, of course--NOT! 
Met Jim at 1:00 and we sat at what's getting to be our usual table. Ate our sandwiches and I drank my beer as we talked and talked and talked over our full range of topics. We actually stay until 5:30 on a gorgeous, sunny but mild, day.  We finally said goodbye, he left, and I strolled home.
The only annoying happening is that I got a mail referral from my doctor to see a dermatologist. Why annoying? Because this guy's in Camarillo, which is more than 16 miles away. I guess that means I'll succumb to these skin crusts because I'm not trekking to Camarillo. Will call doc's office tomorrow.
Suzanne and I sat out front chatting for a half or so before dinner, after which, I watched an hour of  of Fracture.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...