Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Wash And The Pool

I slept well and got up at 6:30, my preferred time. Changed the bed and put in a bleach load before breakfast, so all was washed, dried, and put away by 10:00.
After breakfast, I emailed management to ask when I can expect the reimbursement for the filing cabinet. Darned if I wasn't called right back and told a Visa card for $110.00 would be dropped off today...
WOW!  But it cost only $103.43, which means they're over-paying me by $6.57!!! I must correct this grave injustice to these fine people right awa.... Ha.
Anyway, I can't mention SO-FI Ventura without complaining, so I'll say this: How is it, since I submitted the receipt weeks ago, but they just get around to the reimbursement the day I asked about it? Makes me think I never would have received it if I hadn't prodded them.
And so it goes... (As Kurt Vonnegut used to write a lot.)
Walked to Smart 'N' Final in the morning for romaine, T. paper, and cocktail sauce. There and back is about three miles, and I was glad to get that in before it got very hot.
Actually, it didn't get that hot, it was just perfect: warm, sunny summer weather with a light breeze. After lunch, that prompted me to go to the pool, so I called for a "reservation." Jenny said 3:00 was fine, after the periodic cleaning, so I went then. At first, I was all by my lonesome, but shortly a young man and his little three-year-old came in. I always enjoy having children around, and after a half hour or so, a young couple and their two babies joined us. Chris, a neighbor whom I've met, was also there--gosh, that was the most crowded I've ever seen it--a real mob of eight people.
Anyway, the water was heavenly and so was the hot tub. I went in both, but only once. I then called several people, including Nancy (I told her I was at the pool, so had to call her), Gail, and Carolyn B. Had nice chats with all, then called Betty, who "had to go get my mail because it comes at 4:00." When I suggested it would still be there at 4:30 (or next week, for that matter), she didn't seem to understand. She did call me later to say she had gotten no mail and to read me the Friendship Center's agenda for the day.
I stayed at the pool only a bit more than an hour, then went home to shower and wash my hair. I got a message that Ellen had set me up for a Zoom meeting, but I'm not quite sure how to get in it. I'll call her today.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...