Sunday, August 16, 2020

Around And About

Put a color wash in early, then left for Ralph's (supermarket). They had Ken's and Kraft salad dressing on sale and, since I always like to have a good supply, I bought five. Also got a nice big acorn squash and "cauliflower pretzels." (I was intrigued with the idea.)
Walked there and halfway back, then bused, so got in about two and a half. Home, I put the clothes in the dryer--my own dryer in my own place and I'm still tickled every time I use it--and had lunch. Dried same--the clothes, not lunch--and toyed with the idea of going to the pool again, but nah--two days in a row would be too much, so I took off for town.
Wow, the joint was jumpin'! There were native Americans dancing:
...and a Father Sierra demonstration in front of City Hall:
...presumably protesting the removal of his statue. 
Besides those colorful events, the restaurants (with dining in the street, of course) were filled with people, which was so good to see.
Then there was this, but not in Ventura, in Ojai, which I saw when I was there Friday:
Dear me, I hope precious little Pollyanna will be found soon!
Anyway, it was a pretty good day--hot as hell, but my apartment is actually comfortable. I'm lucky not to be in the end unit, which Suzanne is. True, her place is warmer in the winter, but I'd just as soon have it this way.
I called Stella, who was boiling (105)  over there in Oakview. I suggested me meet for lunch in town one of these days. She's very hesitant and I didn't want to press her, but mentioned we could also bring our own lunches and just go the the park or wherever. She likes that idea and I hope we can do it.
Ellen called before dinner and we had a long, good talk. She'll be starting school in the coming week and things are shaping up for that. 
(Groan-n-n. I didn't get up until 7:00 today, as I was awake half the night. Not sure why, but I tossed and turned for what seemed like hours. I guess this is one of my periodic restless periods--maybe I'll take a nap today.) 
  




No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...