Monday, August 10, 2020

Sunday

The usual, then I did some housework. When I spoke to Ellen on Saturday, she said she was thoroughly cleaning her kitchen. That inspired me to scour the stainless steel double sink and clean the coffee maker. (Every once in a while, I add a cup a vinegar to ten or so cups of water in the carafe, and turn it on. Then I run it through two or three plain water "flushes.") Virtuous me--I also cleaned the bathroom sink and its surrounds.
About 11:00, I packed my trusty cart with some books I had finished and VHS I can't use and walked to the little library in the park. I picked up three more books I couldn't resist and now I have five or six I haven't even started--I'm an addict!
After lunch, I bused to town and got three more DVDs from various thrift stores. Boy, Main Street was filled with people--so festive and lively on that beautiful day, I loved to be there and would have loved even more lunch or Happy Hour with friends, but so far, no go.
Betty called while I was in town and later, when I got home. I talked to her both times--I'll never ignore my dear twin--and was sorry to hear her knee is still bothering her. She goes back to the doctor tomorrow and I hope she can get some relief.
On my way home, I stopped at Von's and got two cans of Forster (Australian) ale, of which I'm getting fond. I'll bring one to lunch with Jim today and save the other for later--I hope when El gets here.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...