Monday, August 24, 2020

Sunday

The usual Sunday: a little drab, a little dreary, but not too bad. I completed the crossword puzzle, which was enjoyable. Made new ice cubes. Went over to Von's for romaine, tangerines, and some medium cans of ale for whenever I can entice somebody over for lunch.
By the time all that was done, it was only 10:30!  I did talk on the phone with someone I care for, which was the high point of the day. I toyed with the idea of the pool, but nah. That left me with time on my hands until lunch, so I did something radical. Daring. Absolutely shocking. Unprecedented in my life. It was daytime, but--I turned on the television and watched another segment of The Godfather!!!
I'm surprised the world is still turning.
However, after Michael knocked off the two guys in the Italian restaurant, it was lunchtime (1:00), so I ate, cleaned up, decided on salmon for dinner, and took off for town.
It was just jumpin' and jivin'. Of course, there weren't actually crowds, just lots of people eating and having a good time in the outdoors. Very festive and I enjoyed it. While I was looking at a sort of blouse-jacket (black and white and I bought it), Betty called with her usual disjointed, constantly repeated chatter, but that was okay.
I strolled here and there, then caught the 16 to the mall and was gratified to have it turn into the 10, which stops right at my apartment complex.
Here's the envelope from son Patrick that took five months to get here and what I can only assume is an Easter bug from that precious little boy of his:

I purposely obliterated the names and addresses because I put it on Facebook.
Watched more of Godfather until Sonny got his at the tollbooth and Michael and Kay reconnected. Turned in and slept well.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...