Saturday, August 15, 2020

The Pool and Jude Law

We met here for T.O.P.S., as usual. I lost a whopping .06 of a pound, for a weigh-in of 131.3. It's weird that my scale at home said I gained a pound, but no biggie.  We didn't have an actual meeting, but chatted for fifteen or so, sitting around the table in the middle area, which was enjoyable.
Home for a late breakfast, then I left for the market at 10:30. It was pretty warm, but not unbearably hot and, after getting my goodies (spinach, tomatoes, blueberries, etc.), I caught a bus home. I had a message from the doctor's office, cancelling my September 10 (routine) appointment and asking me to make another. I haven't yet caught up with them.
Before lunch, I cut up my bought tomatoes (as opposed to Ellen's luscious home-grown, which I usually eat out of hand), added the chopped onions and peppers I had stored in the freezer, stirred in olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and seasonings, and popped them in the oven. I now have enough for a week or so of lunch salads.
Betty called--twice--and we talked about Bingo on Zoom she likes so much, plus other offerings of the Friendship Center. She has told me about it more than once before.
I decided to do something radical and called the office to reserve a pool visit at 3:00.  Had lunch, did a few household chores, then got my bathing suit and other swim stuff, and headed out.
I was the only one in the pool for the first twenty minutes or so and it occurred to me if I suddenly started to drown or something, I'd--well, go down the drain. However, another resident, a young guy I don't know, came in and we coexisted.
It was very warm--about 80 which, for here, is unusual, so the water felt good. Once I got out,  though,, I sat there bored until I called first somebody, then my friend, Nancy. She and I talked for quite some time, critiquing movies, mostly. It's a concern that Nance has been getting short of breath. She does have chronic anemia, but her hemoglobin has been okay lately, so it may not be that. Anyway, her son wants her to see the doc and I hope she does.
I left the pool after about an hour, although the you're "allowed" to stay a half more. Showered and washed my hair--the cut actually looks better--dressed, and walked over to Von's for this and that. Made myself a nice turkey stir-fry, adding Ellen's peppers to the other things, and it was yummy.
I watched the rest of The Talented Mr. Ripley last night and, happily, it didn't freeze or have other issues. I looked it up and was amazed to see it was made twenty years ago. Also, interviews with the stars were added; I had forgotten Jude Law is actually English. He was spot-on in Ripley, not only in his portrayal of a spoiled rich kid, but in his American accent (in contrast to that of Russel Crowe's in A Beautiful Mind).

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...