Thursday, August 06, 2020

Santa Barbara

Boy, it was a lo-o-on-g day. I got to Betty's at the usual 11:30 after the usual three bus trips, starting out at 9:00 am. Carolyn was there, but had to leave shortly. Steve, Robyn, and Dexter were coming and wanted to go the the beach. I'll see them another time, as Carolyn was picking Betty up at 5:00 and I didn't want to stay that late.
Mary--Carolyn's friend, who acts a companion to Betty--came at noon and I handed out the turkey breast sandwiches I had made, plus the little cup of grapes. We had a good time talking--I like Mary a lot--then played Sorry! and Chutes & Ladders. After more chatting, I walked Betty down to get her mail, we said goodbye to Mary, and Betty and I parted.
Got home about quarter of six and boy, was I beat. I don't know why, in particular, the day should have tired me so much, but it did. I actually hadn't slept well the night before and awoke at 5:00, so I guess that was why.
The emotional exhaustion is also wearing, of course. Betty seemed much worse to me yesterday. Her memory loss and confusion is accelerating and I'm not sure how much longer she can live alone. I don't feeling like writing more about this.
On the plus side, I just got up when the alarm rang at 7:00 and slept well, so I feel good.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...