Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Monday

By 10:00 am, I had had breakfast, changed the bed, re-made it, done a wash with sheets and whites, and was at a loss for what else to do. I decided to run the entirety of As Good As It Gets, since it had "frozen," as others had, bout three-quarters of the way in. That makes me think it may be the player itself at fault. I did spend time dusting them after I looked up what could be the problem. Unfortunately, it seems to me that if more than one are freezing, it may be the player.
El emailed me, asking if I was available for her to stop over about 3:30 today. Yes, indeedy, and I was glad to get that message. After that, I just fooled around on the laptop until I met Jim out front at 1:00.
We sat in what has become "our table" and as, ever, talked and talked and talked about a variety of subjects. I gave Jim an article I had printed out that went into philosophy, plus an article on the chaotic unemployment office. I also gave him a Starbucks gift card I had been given for my birthday three years ago. I never used it--I don't eat what they stock--and it still has the original twenty-five dollars on it, so I thought he could use it. He was very appreciative.
While we were there, my former neighbor, Frank D., called and thank Zeus, gave me a new password to get into my old Comcast account. As soon as I got home, I accessed it, sent some of the folder information to my new account, and breathed a sigh of relief.
I went over to Vons for a few things, but that's all the walking I got in. I hope to make up for it today.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...