Friday, August 07, 2020

Thursday

I phoned my cousin, Marifran, in Ohio, whom I used to call my "Cincinnati Sis." We're Facebook friends, but haven't talked for years. Because she has asthma and managed cancer, she hasn't gone out for six months. She does have a husband and  her daughter lives nearby. We had a good chat, but aren't necessarily on the same wave length when it comes to beliefs--or lack thereof. Marifran runs a site call "soulful solutions" and is very much into spiritualism and so on, which I respect, but don't share. Anyway, it was good to talk to her.
Went to The Market about 11:30, intending to walk home in time for lunch at 1:00. That didn't happen because the crossings, where you press the signal to get to the other side, seemed all to be under construction. Therefore, I walked a good mile out of my way, then took a bus to the transit center, and another home.
Lunched at 2:00, then tackled the Comcast problem. So frustrating, but I finally got an actual person by pretending I wanted to sign up for new service, then having that person transfer me. It seems I have to get in touch with Frank D. and have him authorize getting my info to me because he actually owns the account. Think I'll send him an email about it because I'm nervous about calling him. I've caused him enough trouble.
I called Jim and we had a good chat. I wanted to ask him which thrift store would pick up items. I have a big container and a lot of other stuff I want to donate, so he told me. We also made a date for lunch (here, the usual) for Monday and I'm looking forward to that, of course.
Called El and ditto with the chat. We'll get together sometime this week.
That old saying, "no news is good news" is spot-on for me. I haven't heard from my tenant, Eileen, about the AC, so I'm hoping things are bearable until the condenser comes in.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...