Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Rain And Family Affairs

Drat, it's dreary. Ellen called about 8:30 and we chatted. It now turns out only one is coming from Arizona, as the other is "older." Also, son cancelled his car rental at LAX, as El will pick them up, since she'll have the car home. The plan, at this point, is for her to pick me up tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on what time they get in) and take me to her place to finally see my boy, his boy, and his girl.
Stripped the bed and put a load of whites in the washer. It's still making that grinding sound and I still don't know if that's normal. Other than that, I spent a lot of time going through my file folders and separating them into categories. It was a big job, but I'm glad I can now have some order in and out of the new filing cabinet (which I still have to choose). The other is now empty and I guess maintenance will come and pick it up whenever I say. I must turn my attention to finding what I want soon.
Called the office at 11:00 to see when the dishwasher will be installed. Gabe finally came about 2:00 and hooked it up. It seemed to be working okay when he ran it for a few minutes. He told me I had to push it in hard, though. Okay, after dinner I tried it and it does not close. Damn! Called the office--naturally--it was after hours--and left a message asking to have someone come at nine o'clock and not make me wait until late afternoon.
I then ventured out to Von's with boots and umbrella into an incredible downpour. Unlike the usual, it came down in sheets and torrents, which was kind of fun to be in for a change. Got a few things--I mostly just wanted to get out--and shortly after I got home, the rain stopped and the skies cleared. A good omen, I hope.
Got all the things back under the sink better organized, I hope, and moved the kitchen table and chairs back into place. After that, I just fooled around on the computer until I suddenly got the muchies. Ate a number of hard pretzels, I'm sorry to say. After that, I wasn't hungry for dinner, so I had only sauteed mushroom and leftover spinach.
Happily, the rain stopped and the sun actually came out, so I put on my coat (it was still pretty chilly) and took a walk. Got a call to the effect I'll have a visitor while El is picking the Tokyo trio up at LAX; I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...