Wednesday, March 25, 2020

By Myself

My first order of business was deciding whether to mope and cry all day or not. Not.
So after breakfast, I gathered up the whites to wash, again pleased that I could choose a large, small, or medium load. While they were drying, I got my little cart and trekked over to Von's. I bought considerably more than was on my list, including frozen food which I want in case I run out of fresh; coffee, although I have almost a full large can; and--bowing to the present situation--disposable latex gloves. Also got fresh goodies: broccoli, mushrooms and a nice head of cauliflower.
Home, I cut up the latter and put it in the smaller slow cooker, along with the veggie "juice" I always save, mindful of the vitamins therein.  Prepared the mushrooms for stir-fly, trimmed the broccoli, and got some swordfish out of the freezer.
After lunch, I walked over the footbridge to the Hill Street branch of the library, although I knew it was closed. Walked back, so I got in about two miles, but that's not much.
Happily, El called shortly I got in to tell me she and the Tokyo visitors left at 7:00 am for LAX and they got off with no problem. She said it was quick and quiet driving the 101 to L.A., although it's usually a madhouse. We talked about the virus, too, of course, and damn, that subject is getting old for me already.
I puttered around here and there until 5:00 or so , when I put my swordfish in the oven and stir-fried onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Had the preceding for din-din, along with a nice helping of broccoli and another of carrots.
Played Solitaire after, then my usual games until 8:00, when I settled in with Will & Grace. Today, I plan to consolidate the things I'm donating to Goodwill, then walk to Smart 'n' Final, just to get out.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...