Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The IRS And Citrus

Kind of a dreary day. It rained--that is, dripped--in the morning and was overcast most of the rest of the day. Since I had cancelled my Santa Barbara trek, I forced myself to start working on the income tax stuff. What a drag, especially since the filing cabinet is as it is:
It's difficult to get items out of the top, which is where most of the relevant info is. On Monday, I had copied this picture, added a note, and walked it over to the office. Late yesterday, I got a call from Bianca that "a contractor" will be coming over between 9 and 11 this morning to look at it. Spent the entire morning on the tax crapola, finally breaking for lunch at 1:00. I'm going to have  to consult Michele, my tax person, about some things--damn! The rain, such as it was, had stopped by the afternoon, and I bused to town. Just went to the library are took out a few DVDs. It actually got a lot warmer and the sun came out for a time.
Stella called on my way home, asking for the phone number of Shift, the outfit that bought my car; she wants to sell her late husband's truck.
Stopped in the Von's shopping center at the nail place to ask when they open.. I'll go for a pedicure--badly needed--this morning.  Defrosted some raw shrimp (already cooked shrimp is an abomination and a crime against nature)) and browned it quickly in olive oil--yummy, yum, especially with lemon juice from Ellen's loaded lemon tree.
I wonder if people know you can simply put whole lemons in the freezer. I have several in there, then just take them out to thaw either in the fridge or on the counter and they're as good as new. Thinking of this, it occurred to me that other citrus would work, too, so I put a tangerine in and will report back here.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...