Monday, March 23, 2020

Sunday

We had planned to go to The Promenade, where we wanted to--well, promenade--but were rained out. That was disappointing, but the real bad news came later:  I was picked up at 10ish and told the Japanese government had decided that those coming back from another country would be quarantined in a hotel for two weeks. Son and family are scheduled to fly back tomorrow, but he searched for an earlier flight. Couldn't find anything for less than ten thousand dollars a ticket--I kid you not--and, since the mandate doesn't go into effect until seven hours after they arrive, they should be okay.
We had lunch at El's, then since. DIL needed to buy a few more things, we went to Target, Wal-Mart, and Trader Joe's, then back to my place.
In the meantime, older daughter went to The Promenade and constructed a cairn, plus walked for several hours. The plan had been for the rest of us to meet her there, but by the time shopping was finished at 4:00, the rain had started and, instead, we met back at my place.
I had picked up three frozen pizzas and when I went to put them in the oven, I dropped the pepperoni one out of the back of the rack, which made a pretty mess. However, my girls cleaned it up,  pizzas were cooked, I quickly cored four apples, added sugar and cinnamon, and baked them in the microwave for dessert.
Son did all kinds of things to my laptop to clean it up or whatever and Mr. K. watched more of Shirley Temple in Baby Takes A Bow,  a truly bizarre 1934 movie. Son Mike face-timed from Singapore on Ellen's phone and we all talked and visited with him and Vivian (Violet was at school, as it was 8:00 am on Monday for them.)
We then had our pizza and baked apples, talked and laughed and checked the weather. It said rain in the afternoon, so we decided to go to The Promenade this morning, for all except El and me, their last full day here...
HA! Just got up at 6:30 and it's raining!


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...