Monday, March 09, 2020

Sunday

Oblivious Mimi! I got up yesterday at my usual 6:30, got my coffee, sat down at this machine, and did my morning rituals. After roughly an hour and a half, I always have breakfast at 8:00, so I was startled to look at the screen and see it was 8:35. What--was it still on Arizona time or something? Or no, my little mechanical clock I've had so long must have given up the ghost. Walked into the kitchen and saw that the "antique" (a fake) clock said the same. It finally occurred to me that  Daylight Savings Time must have kicked in, but who knew? Not the Ventura County Star, that's a cinch.  For decades, I've counted on my daily newspaper to alert me about the changes of the clock, and that rag said nothing about it on Saturday and had only a small box on an inside page on Sunday.
So I ate late, for me, but was soothed by the big Sunday crossword, which I completed. Tidied up, then walked the one and a half to Wal-Mart and got a fabric measuring tape. I have three metal ones, but find them clumsy for some jobs.
Home, lunch, then it was off to town, which was jumpin' with people, music, and sunshine. Very festive. Took some books back to the library, then looked for Southern California, An Island On the Land. It was listed as in, but I couldn't find it and neither could the clerk I asked to help. Damn, it's quoted in the book I just bought: The Big Goodbye, Chinatown And The Last Years of Hollywood. It's
a new book and is fabulous, all about (in depth) the making of my favorite movie and its creators. The author quotes the other book and I'm determined to read it after I finish the one I bought.
Home about 5:15--the new 5:15--and had the leftover carrots and tangerines I had done in the slow cooker the other day (I eat them cold), plus a big bowl  of fresh spinach, dressed with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Along with that, I baked the Ahi tuna steak--a delicious dinner, sez I.
Ellen called in he evening and we caught up with each other. She has hired a gardener to come twice a month; a good idea, I think. She's also preparing for the arrival of the Tokyo Trio, who will be here just a week from tomorrow--happy day! 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...