Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Soaring Spirits Lunch

Busy day, but a good, active one. The Access Van picked me up at 9:00, which meant I got to The Coalition twenty minutes after and Owen wasn't in yet. No prob, I just strolled to The Promenade and watched the surfers, plus enjoyed the gorgeous day.
Got back at 10 and picked up the small bookcase, then waited around until the return van got me. Home about 11:00 and I immediately took off for the Stonefire Grill. Annoyingly, I just missed the bus, so walked down Victoria to Telephone, a mile, and got one there.
A nice crowd had gathered, including Carolyn B.--I sat next to her--plus a new guy named Marty from New York. He immediately announced he was to the right of Limbaugh and I countered with the information that I'm a radical. Anyway, we decided to drop politics and got along pretty well. I was delighted to learn, when we exchanged ages, that he's 88--I always like meeting people older than I am. Anyway, I enjoyed talking to him, believe it or not. He lost his wife three years ago (cancer), was born Jewish, is an atheist, has one daughter, and lives not far from me.
I was horrified to hear from Vera that Gayle B. is in the hospital with liver failure. Gayle is only in her middle sixties, retired just weeks ago, and she and I were good widder group friends. She's in Cedar-Sinai; I asked Vera to send me some information on room number and so on. Vera asked the server to take a picture of us waving to Gayle; if I knew the mysteries of this sullen laptop keyboard, I'll copy and post it here, but I don't.
After the lunch, I bused to the transit center, then home. Suzanne stopped in to tell me she's going to Burlingame on Thursday to pick up her new (2018) Toyota. This is actually owned by the order, but her car was old and gave up the ghost, so she is being given a new one.
I arranged some things on my new bookcase--well, it's really a DVD case--and did a few other chores. Talked to Nancy again and we made a date for Friday lunch at Yolanda's. In fear and trembling, I texted Eileen to ask about the dishwasher and darned if she didn't get back to me that Anchor Appliance was able to fix it. I'll get a bill for that, but certainly not at the price of a new one--good news!



No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...