Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Beautiful Day

I had called the office to say I couldn't close the "new" dishwasher and was told work orders weren't being done for two weeks because of he virus. (What possible reason could there be for that?)  And Bianca is leaving tomorrow, too. I was surprised to hear that and wondering what's going to happen after she's replaced. As for the appliance, see later.
Betty called to say her person was cleaning the kitchen and then they were going to play Sorry! and Chutes and Ladders. She was perky as ever--again, one of the few benefits of her disease---but she has become a child and it's often tedious to talk to her.
The best news is, my dear descendant came and immediately was able to close the dishwasher. You have to bang it hard with the heels of both hands, it seems. Okay, I can do it, so no prob and I'm bored with the whole thing, so the hell with it.
And it turned out to be a beautiful day. After rain in the morning, the sun came shining through, the clouds unbelievably white and lovely, the sky a perfect sky-blue. My girl and I took a long walk--over the footbridge, then to the library branch--it was closed, which didn't surprise me, but so was the book drop, which seems to me just plain ridiculous--then we took a footpath next to the bridge. We didn't know where it led and I was amazed that it goes to the park at Kimball, where I used to walk every day. Walked back and I guess we put in about four miles--maybe a bit more--total, which was great.
We met Suzanne when we got to the complex and chatted with her for a time. We then went to WinCo--yay!--where I got a lot of heavy stuff that would have been a problem without a car: tangerines, tall kitchen bags (I always get the big box, 80 a a time) and the three-pound container of cottage cheese, among other things.
Home and we sat on the patio reading for an hour or so. We had gotten salmon and spinach and I cooked that up for dinner, along with sauteed mushrooms for me (my guest is allergic to them). We ate early for me--at 5:00 and then she left. She was to call Ellen, who was on her way to pick up her brother and his family at LAX, then let me know the plans for today. She did a few hours later and said she'd pick me up at "nine-thirtyish" this morning and we'll drive to Ojai, where I'll see the Tokyo Trio--can't wait!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...