Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Last Day

Well, they're gone.
We had another wonderful day. It rained in the morning, but after that, it was Mr. K. weather: blue skies, white, white clouds, but with some blustering wind adding zest.  He is about the most intelligent, energetic, talkative, sweetly mischievous, inventive, endlessly curious six-year-old I've ever known.  And he's beautiful, too.
I was picked up in the morning and we drove to The Promenade to meet them. Down to the beach we went and K. and his auntie made a cairn:
We strolled along for a bit, then walked the pier:
Back to El's and the couple, the beautiful boy, and I walked to the Frosty Cone and bought various  back for lunch. Sinner that I am, I had a double cheeseburger and, since I almost never eat read meat, it was sublime. 
The couple and K. then went to a nearby preserve to swing: 
Auntie A. and I met up with them there, then stayed with Mr. K. while they went to a store and bought--among other important items--a kazoo. (Don't ask!)
Later, we had a pick-up dinner, lots of talk in two languages, and fun for all of us.  Beforehand, my DIL's pictures--so much better than mine!--were put on Ellen's laptop and I spent about twenty minutes view them. I'll be able to see them on Google Photos here, too.
We had a pick-up dinner, then said goodbye about 8:00. 
I know this is short and not terribly interesting, but I'm not in the mood to modify.  As I write, my darling boy and his family are being driven to L.A. to start the long, long flight home. His dear sister will be leaving for home and husband this morning, too.  She spent so much of the time ferrying me around, without ever complaining it was a burder. At least, I plan to see her in June, if all goes well, but when will I see the others? Okay, I'm going to remember they came, they are well, and we had a wonderful time.   
But I'm bereft. 




No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...