Sunday, March 29, 2020

Telephone

My niece, Joan, called me in the morning and we had a long talk. She and her husband, Jim, live in Manhattan, which seems a wonderfully exotic and interesting lifestyle to me. Joan is very active and had just come from the long walk in Central Park.
That put me in the mood to talk, so I called my friend, Aline, in Little Egg Harbor, and we brought each other up to date. I was alarmed to hear that her great-nephew, who is a college sophomore and lives in north Jersey, was tested and has been diagnosed with the virus. He was advised not to go to the hospital, but to be treated at home (no wonder!); happily, because he's young and healthy, the prognosis is good. Aline lives with her sister, Susan, and they've been eating a lot of take-out, such as pizza and so on. (Seems to me more a danger than the virus!)
Checked my mail and saw Suzanne drive in. We chatted--virtuously six feet away--at the mail boxes. She's going into the office at St. John's to go over her files and so on; the medical education classes she conducts have been suspended, of course. I went out for a short walk around the neighborhood after that, covering maybe a mile and a half, if that.
Called some loved ones, including Ellen, with whom I had a long talk and video visit on Zoom. I had been trying to set up Zoom for a virtual Happy Hour meeting, and El and I managed to do it, but now I'm not so sure it's feasible with Nancy and Carolyn. We'll see. El took exception to me allowing Gail to come in and use the bathroom on Friday and we had a long discussion about that. I'm not so sure if my two pals are up for a Zoom visit--or, for that matter, that I am.


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...