Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Nails And Frustration

I could spit nails, as the unlovely saying goes. I waited in ALL DAY for maintanence * to come and remedy the problems created by the w/d installation. After the morning had gone by, when I'm  walking to Wal-Mart or elsewhere, I went to the office to find out why nobody had come yet. Told Manager (oh, I forgot--the title is now "community director," idiotically enough) Bianca I had to go out and she said somebody would be over at 1:00. Fine, I'll wait. Had lunch early, waited and waited and nobody came.
In the meantime, Betty called and I chatted with her. I called Arizona and chatted. Got the mail and found that--oh, guess what? We're now going to be charged for water heating (we're already charged for water), sewer, and trash, to the tune of this one-month bill for $73.12. I called the office, furiously angry, but that was somewhat placated by Scott, the new person in the office. Actually, I like him a lot better than I do Bianca.
Oh, cut to the chase, Mimi: At 4:20, maintenance guy Toby or Tyler or Trevor or whatever his name is, came and said he had just been notified of the jobs. AAGH!  But okay, he came in, got the top drawer of the filing cabinet open, but the whole thing is "sprung" or something and dammit, I better be reimbursed for that. He looked at the picture and said he'd have to come back with a hammer and measuring tape. Oh, a hammer? To put nails in a wall? Why would you need a hammer? (Double AAGH!)
Anyway, he left and I immediately called the office and was told they'd be here at 9:00 this morning. I then grabbed my jacket and purse, rushed out the door to Von's, then took a pretty  good walk over the footbridge, maybe three miles total. Stopped at the Hill Street branch of the library and got a book on cacti, then home and I felt much better.
* I know it's misspelled, but with this friggin' method of input, I don't know how to correct it.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Did you happen to see in the AC obits..Dee S. Lange died? I'd lost touch with her the few years. I think she was in your class. I always felt a little sorry for her...I don't know why, but she died in the Home where she worked for 39 years so she was with 'family' in the end.

Mimi said...

Oh, Pat, no, I didn't see it--I almost never check the AC paper. I'm so sorry; I actually have a relatively recent history with Dee, besides our graduation from HSHS in 1954. When I finally get my chip, I'll look over my blog for references about her. Thanks you so much for letting me know.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...