Thursday, March 19, 2020

Great Day

Oh, boy, what a great day! I was picked up at 9:30 and off we went to Ellen's. My son, his wife, and adorable Mr. K. were there--so good to see them again. We set off for Bart's Books and spent some time there. Little Mr. K. got a great dinosaur dictionary--he loves dinosaurs, as his dad did at six--and I bought two books myself. Here we are at Bart's Books:
We then went to the Ojai River Preserve for a hike of maybe a mile and a half. The ground was rocky and we had to be careful, but we got to the river. I didn't go all the way down to it, as the slope was just too precarious, but they enjoyed it and I loved seeing them:
We went back to El's for lunch, after which we played the Chutes And Ladders game amid great hilarity. After, I exchanged gifts, then looked at the old pictures I had brought, mostly of Mr. K's Daddy from the age of a few weeks through college.  El went to the eye doctor, and we went to Michael's for this and that, then Sprout's, then Von's, then to my place for dinner. We had kind of a pick-up type meal--my daughters had bought salad, son and daughter-in-law mac and cheese, I had leftovers from Tuesday night, and the little boy a kind of combination. I also sauteed some shrimp and bought a pie for dessert. We had a fine time and they didn't leave until 8:00.
Today, Ellen has an on-line school conference in the early afternoon (her school will be closed until May 1) and I'll be picked up at 12:30. The rest of us will hike again, possibly on Shelf Road, which is a high, winding one and very picturesque. I've been there before.
Niece Carolyn called and unfortunately, it seems they won't be able to come to see their cousins, after all. She's very worried about you-know-what and her brother seems to be absolutely paranoid. It's too bad, but I guess everyone reacts in their personal way to various happenings.  



No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...