Friday, March 06, 2020

Oh, Joy!

My chip came in the mail and it works!  YAY! It was such a pain trying to do anything here without it; I'm thrilled to have it back.
Otherwise, it was a busy day. After breakfast, I stripped the bed and put both sheets, pillow cases, and some underwear and white blouses in the washer, then the dryer, and was pleased to find they came out beautifully. The appliances aren't as big as those in the laundry building, of course, but they're not small, either.
While they were agitating, I moved all the chairs and other items from the kitchen, and used the Bona system (dust, then wash) to do all the hard floors. They came out beautifully and I also shook out the bathroom rugs and put them in the sun (kills germs). I haven't yet decided whether to try washing them here. They could be too heavy, so I might just continue to do them in the laundry building..
Took the trash and recycle stuff out and ran into Andrea, her daughter, Lauren, and little Brindley. A woman they know named Vickie came out and I was introduced. She looked to be about in her sixties and lives here with a friend who has Alzheimer's. I hope to see her again.
After, I set off for the 99-cent store and on the way, met Michelle. We had a long talk about the SOBs who run the place--she's even more annoyed than I am--and it was satisfying to vocalize our discontent.
Got carrots, two new pairs of reading glasses, black beans, and a few other things, then walked home,  pleased to get in about three miles. Lunched, then bused to town.
My son, who's coming with his family in two weeks from Tokyo, threw out a question in general on Facebook, asking if anyone knew of travel restrictions to California from Japan. I went to City Hall--they knew nothing, but advised me to call the County. I did, and got nowhere. Stopped at the library and the very pleasant and helpful librarian went on-line, but China seemed to be the only country restricted. Well, that's good news, but who knows what will happen in two weeks?
Okay, now I can put my hall arrangement on here:
Happily, it holds all my DVDs, plus some small books and I'm sure I'll add more. The picture (which Gabe hung) is the smaller of the three I bought years ago of early Atlantic City. The two large ones are over my sofa in the living room. Oh, hell, why not post that here, too?
It's such a thrill to have my little mouse and keyboard back, I could just keep type-type-typing away. But I won't.





No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...