Thursday, March 12, 2020

Busy And The Virus

Busy, busy, and mostly in a good way. The contractor, Josh, came about 10 to look at the filing cabinet. After pushing, pulling, tugging, and lifting the drawers, he decided it was done for. He said he'd get another for me at Lowe's or somewhere, but I objected. I want to see if I can use a two-drawer, instead of a full-sized one. After we sparred a bit and he finally said he'd give me a Visa card with the stated amount on it. Fine by me, but what did I pay? I couldn't find it on my checking account and figured I probably paid with a credit card, so how could I give him an amount?
My blog! I looked it up and, yes, in November, 2016, I bought the filing cabinet from Office Max. It had originally been $150, but I had a discount for some reason and paid $125. I printed the entry out when Josh cam back, gave it o him, and he said he'd authorize, then Bianca would give it to me.
Frankly, I'm a little surprised he'd accept something like that, but who am I to question?
After he left, I immediately walked over to Nails D'Elegence and got a pedicure. Oh, boy, do my tootsies feel good and do they look great! A chubby young woman named Theresa (not her Vietnamese name) did the deed and I had a fine time talking to her. I really like this place and the fact that I can stroll over there in five minutes is a big plus.
Home, lunch, then I got my cart and walked to Telephone Road and took a bus to Office Max. I took back an ink cartridge that for some reason, didn't work and was given a new one. Looked at filing cabinets and saw several I really like. Now I want to start going through my files (gro-o-an!) to whittle them down to two drawers' worth.
Went from there across the street to WinCo and got several items, including broccoli and spinach, some of my favs. Took the 6 bus to the mall, then the 21home. After I put everything away , I walked over to see Bianca; she said she'd call me when the Visa card was ready. Went from there to Von's  to take advantage of some coupons and the "Fabulous Five" promotion.
Suzanne stopped in about 5:30 to give me an update about the virus thing in Seattle from her sister, who lives there. It's funny: I don't know a single soul who has it or has had it. Nor do I know a single soul who knows anybody who has it or has had it. And the odds against that, not just getting it ones' self, but knowing someone, etc., are astronomical. Yet--buzz, buzz, buzz, as opposed to a concentration on the things that kill the most. I guess because the latter--heart disease, cancer, war--just aren't as sexy.   

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...