Thursday, March 05, 2020

Maintenance And Me

Did Maintenance come, as promised, at 9:00 am? Why, no.
At 10:00? Nope.
11:00?  AAGH!
That's when I called the office the first time, steam coming out of my ears. I got the answering machine. Called again at noon and finally, Jen answered. After I ranted and raved, she put me on hold and consulted Bianca, then came back and said somebody would be over in fifteen minutes.
He was and it was Gabe. Of course, he hadn't been apprised of the picture situation, so had to go back for a tape measure and hammer. I must say he was very meticulous and did a good job. The bookcase looks great under it and I'm happy with the hallway.
After lunch, I prepared to go out, but met Gabe coming in  to do the rest of the work and I went back with him. In very short order, he fixed (we think) my filing cabinet, realigned the louver doors, and studied the white streaks on the kitchen floor (he advised me to try just cleaning it first). So now I'm happier and finally was able to jump on a bus and go to town.
Got a good long walk in, stopped at first Target, then Von's on the way home. I was hoping my chip would arrive yesterday, but unfortunately, it didn't. I fervently hope it does today.
Mindful of the fact that I have T.O.P.S. tomorrow and will weigh in after a two-week hiatus, I had a one of my sketchy "dinners" last night: a can of string bean, frozen blueberries, and rice cakes. I'm quite sure I'll show a gain, but will deal with it.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...