Saturday, March 07, 2020

T.O.P.S.

Because I was in Arizona, I hadn't gone to T.O.P.S. or gotten weighed for two weeks. I was sure I had gained, I just hoped is wasn't more than three pounds. I had weighed 129.8 last time and was prepared for 133 or so. Cheryl picked me up, we went in, and I stepped on the scale...
...and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but 129 even, meaning I not only didn't gain, I lost a bit. I was very pleased and even kept my impatience in bounds during the meandering meeting.
Home, had breakfast, and corresponded back and forth re my June trip to Jersey and an Airbnb. We found a possibility in Jackson where I want to be, then a better one there, but it still isn't firmed up. 
Did some food prep: chopped up four onions, froze some, and reserved the rest for stir-fry tonight/ Scrubbed two pounds of carrots and put them in the slow cooker with quartered tangerines., and left them to simmer.
Left for Yolanda's at noon and met Carolyn and Nancy there. We had our usual good time; I had a Modelo with my burrito; I would have ordered a Corona again just on general principals, but they don't carry it. The burrito was huge and I ate exactly half of it. Nance had only half of hers and said she'd have the rest for dinner and asked for a box. I didn't want to embarrass her, so did so myself. After we parted, I deposited the box, half-burrito and all, in trash can. I hate to waste food, but I knew I wouldn't eat it, for dinner or anytime else. 
Walked a few blocks, then got on the bus for town. Walked there, too, but it got chilly, so I stayed only an hour or so. I got off at the store near Yolanda's and picked up broccoli, romaine, spaghetti squash and sweet peppers, then caught another bus. Stopped at Von's for ground turkey, but wasn't hungry, so will stir-fry it tonight. I just had my yummy carrots for dinner, then snacks with Will And Grace.
Unfortunately, I got up for the usual about midnight, then just could not get back to sleep. I finally got up and played some games on this device. I might take a nap today, although I rarely to and don't like to. Mebbe yes, mebbe no...

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...