Friday, October 06, 2017

The Usual And Processed Food

Did the usual Kimball, breakfast, WinCo routine. Went back and forth with a load of wash. Met Suzanne as she was going out. She said she has cut down on her workload, but still teaches a class on Thursdays.
Called Betty, who's home from Baltimore, and we chatted for some time. She said my brother, Frank, was going back to Alameda yesterday; son Patrick would go with him.
Saw Jim, the assistant manager here, and asked if Toastmasters might be able to meet in the big room. He said I'd have to ask Manager Bianca, who's off until Monday.
After lunch, walked the usual. I stayed reading at the library for an hour or so. I'm very much into John Updike and picked up his book of poems, Endpoint, which I had requested. His are so good. I read a bit of his bio, but found it leaden, so I just took out his book of literary criticism. I'm still listening to Pandora's Lunchbox in the car and think I'll get the book from Amazon. I'm more and more coming to believe we're poisoning ourselves--and worse, our children--with processed foods and added sugar.
I'm about a quarter way through Genius In Disguise, the bio of Harold Ross, founder and editor of The New Yorker, which I bought from Amazon. Very absorbing.
After dinner, I changed and went to the Lexington to attend The Humor & Drama Club Fern of Toastmasters had mentioned on Monday. To my chagrin, I thought her card said "first Thursday," but it says "third," so it's not until the 19th. Oh, well, no prob, I'll just go then.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...