Tuesday, October 24, 2017

HOT

It was warm even at 7 am when I walked Kimball and at 4:16 in the afternoon, it was 102 degrees in Ventura. I cringe to think what it was in Ojai; glad El has central air.
I spent a good portion of the day--in between chores--organizing my class for today. It's incredibly difficult to decide who's going to play what part. I try to at least come close to equalizing the parts, but don't always make it. I have a new person, Noreen O., who's in Toastmasters (both of them, in fact), and I like her a lot. I picked up the sign up sheet from SCAN, saw Noreen's name and called her. I think she'll be a good addition. I now have six players and that's fine; I just hope nobody else drops out. I do need a man for Hell On Wheels--I have Jim playing the devil again--and I'll see if anybody has a husband or brother sitting around.
Nancy called while I was out just to chat. She's been trying to get her exercise in and get in shape for the three-week cruise she's taking in a few months.
I also went to the mall to look for a top. Found absolutely nothing I'd buy, although I tried on a lot. I can't understand how these stores--Penneys, Macy's, Sears, and others--stay in business. They have almost no salespeople, their merchandise is crap, and their prices aren't even particularly low. I much prefer to shop at Wayfair on-line. I've bought a lot there (a bureau, a bookcase, a large privacy screen, and so on) and it's reasonable, well-made,and is shipped quickly. After looking at the poorly-stocked mall stores, I'm going to get new kitchen chair cushions at Mayfair.
Anyway, I wasted a few hours at the mall and I'm sorry I did. Went home to continue shaping up the class, but I actually still had a few things to do for it. Woke up this morning at 4:00 and just decided to stay up and finish the stuff.
It's now 5:39 am; I just checked and (gasp!) it's already 80 degrees.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I totallly agree about many of the retail shops. I buy more and more online and have had good luck.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...