Saturday, October 21, 2017

Organizing Stuff

Walked Kimball, then went to T.O.P.S. I hit the forty pounds off mark--yay!--and am looking forward to getting into the one-thirties. It was a good meeting, as ever. I brought a newspaper article from the Ventura Star about the soaring obesity rate in the U.S. I think it said one in four adults are overweight and the kiddies are catching up. Hmm, now why would that be? Can't imagine. It certainly can't be because of the crap we eat, can it?
As a mere coincidence, I also brought in the book Pandora's Lunchbox, which gives chapter and verse on processed foods. I honestly wasn't aware of exactly how much and what kinds of additives are pushed. I do know that the number one poison in the marketplace is sugar and boy, it's everywhere. I try not to preach too much and constantly repeat that I devised my own diet regimen and it works for me. I know it would work for anybody else, but the key is, you have to follow it. I've been on more diets than I can count, but the problem was, after a time, I simply didn't follow them. This works for me, although I'm well aware that keeping it off is paramount and the toughest part of weight loss.
Home for breakfast, then spent HOURS in putting in piles the mountains of paper I have for Acting for Amateurs. It's unbelievable how much I have and the problem is, I tend to pile unrelated things together. It's a lot better now because I actually separated and put the stuff in the filing cabinet. Today, I'm going to work on my own acting background material and get that organized, too. Then I'll turn my attention to the acting class and assign parts.
Got a call from Deb M., who invited me a group called "Friendship Club" she's in. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I'm game--it includes a catered lunch and, according to Deb, some good, in-the-moment women.
Took the usual town walk, then stopped to get mushrooms, spinach, strawberries, carrots, and dental floss--all yummy, although the floss is a little brittle (heh,heh).
El called as she was leaving school and said Greg is working today, so could I go tomorrow. Actually, that works out better for me, as I want to finish all my frantic putting-away work. I suggested we might go to an olive oil grove and distillery (or whatever they call olive oil making), as they have tours. We might want to, although I don't care what we do, I just want to be with her for a time.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...