Sunday, October 22, 2017

Joe DiMaggio And Dinner

After Kimball and so on, I went over to WinCo for salad stuff and et cetera. Finished up my organizing of class stuff, but put off doing the same with my personal acting material. Even so, that took me to lunch, then town, did the walk, stopped in the library for maybe an hour, where I'm reading a new book called...
...get this: Dinner With DiMaggio. It's a new book by a doctor who treated the ballplayer for his heel spur injury, then became a bosom buddy. This was after Joltin' Joe's Yankee career was over. The book is weirdly interesting and I've been reading a few chapters each day while I'm there. I have no desire to check it out because at home, I'm plowing through my student, Jim C.'s, book, The Birth of Ideas. This is the textbook he wrote for the philosophy class he teaches at Ventura College. Whew, it's plenty dense and I skipped over some of the early Asian stuff. Now I'm up to Locke and Kant and their ideas, which I find considerably more interesting.
On the way to town, I took a dry run to Poinsettia Pavilion, where I'll be attending the Friendship Club lunch with Deb on Tuesday. This is way up in the hills and has a spectacular view. It was completely deserted yesterday afternoon, but I stopped in the parking lot when Betty called. We talked for a bit, then I went on my way. Stopped at Five Points to get my little blue beauty washed and now she sparkles like a jewel.
Cut up some nice strawberries--they're very inexpensive now, so this must be the bumper season--and did the same with big porcini(?) mushrooms. Cooked them up with my salmon and, along with leftover spinach and butternut squash, dinner was yummy.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...