Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Catch-Up

It was a good catch-up day. After Kimball (and nurse Diego was there; BP was 119/92, which was a relief), breakfast, and a few chores, I jumped in the car and got a number of errands done.
Went to the bank for coin wrappers; I have a habit of dropping my change in a mug on a table in the living room. The quarters I take out to use for the laundry machines, but I probably have twenty bucks or so in pennies, nickels, and dimes. Incredibly, Bank of America doesn't have a coin-counting machine--they send coins to L.A. and I was told it takes ten days to get them back. So I got wrappers and hope it isn't too tedious to wrap them.
Went from there to SCAN to 1. see if they'd let Toastmasters meet there in the evening, but as I thought, no, they're not open and 2. to find out if I got any other sign-ups. I did, now six have signed up and I hope to get a few more. I'm going to take info on my class to the BCNN meeting this morning. Stopped at WinCo for fish (got talapia* and rock fish), plus salad goodies. Went to the dollar store for sponges and wastebasket bags.
After lunch, I was about to get in my car when Suzanne drove up. I told her I had seen Don and she and I discussed Ken, the very elderly man who can barely see and--we hope--the agency on aging will be instrumental in getting him in an assisted living facility. Ken is not destitute; he had been an engineer and has a healthy pension, plus some other assets, but he desperately needs some assistance in just everyday living. Walked m. to l., of course, then home.
Called Doris to see how she's doing after the knee operation. There was no answer, so I'm wondering if she's still in rehab. I'll probably see Carole at BCNN, so she may have been in touch with her. Made up some flyers to take to the BCNN meeting today.
*I know that's not how to spell it, but incredibly, SpellCheck wants it to read "lilliputian," fer cryin' out loud!

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...