Saturday, October 07, 2017

T.O.P.S. And So On

It was so chilly in the morning I wore long pants and a sweater to walk Kimball. Changed when I got home and went to T.O.P.S.
Well, I lost, as I have every week, but only a pittance: two tenths of a pound, darn it, for a total of 38.3 off. I'm pretty sure it's slow because I eat too much fruit at night. The question is, should I eat less of that or just reconcile myself to a very slow loss? Dunno.
I got an e-mail notice from the Santa Paula Theatre Company to the effect they're holding open auditions Monday night for It's A Wonderful Life On The Air. Just as we had done in LETCO, it entails actors playing radio actors, plus themselves when there's a crises. The notice said there are roles for "one to two females." That's because people will play multiple part. Unfortunately, it opens on November 17 when my SCAN A. for A. group will have its performance, so I guess I'll pass.
Speaking of my class, I now have seven sign-ups. I hope for an addition or two, but since I have to modify for various size classes anyway, this should be okay. Fewer people will mean they'll get more individual attention.
Called my friend, Bobbi, as she has had heart problems for some time and now is experiencing breathing difficulty. She already has a pacemaker and a valve replacement. I told her I was available if she needed me, although she has a husband and children.
Talked to Nancy, who would like to see the Judi Dench movie. I'll go with her, although I dislike "docudramas"--must prefer non-fictionalized history. She'll find out where it's playing and we'll go next week.
Heard from son, Mike, that he, Paula, and the girls will visit Japan during their spring break. Yay--they'll see their little cousin, Mr. K., and he'll see them.
Scrubbed and chopped a big bunch of carrots and put them in the slow cooker with some Italian seasoning. Boy, it was good; had some for dinner and have a lot left over. Also had salmon, mushrooms, and broccoli for dinner. Yum.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...